This workshop provides hands-on instruction and all the needed tools and supplies for you to create one of a kind images from YOUR digital photos or scanned film images. In addition to the beautiful hand crafted prints you will create during the event, you will take the tools and extra supplies home to make more of your own magic!
We will cover various forms of Fine Art printing such as Transfer Prints and Direct Prints using special coatings and solutions to make prints on many types of alternative or non-standard surfaces such as wood, ceramic tile, metal and many more.
You will learn how to:
- create a digital negative from your digital image,
- scan a print and turn it into a digital negative,
- treat your paper / surface with various solutions,
- print the negative onto special transparency film,
- adjust images in Photoshop to achieve the best prints,
- select different papers for different effects,
- how to prepare images to be transferred,
- "print" to a wide array of surfaces - kraft paper, ceramic tile, metal, wood and cloth to name a few.
Tuition includes $30 materials fee. Images courtesy of and © Meg Church.
By registering for this event I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will comply with all Terms and Conditions. (Click on the preceding link to read Terms and Conditions in a new window. When done reading them, close the window and complete your registration below.)