Hand Crafted Prints from Digital Images, a Weekend Intensive Workshop is being offered starting at 6:30 PM on Friday December 5th, through Noon on Sunday December 7th, for a total of 12 instructional hours. (see detailed hours below.)
This workshop provides hands-on instruction and all the needed tools and supplies for you to create one of a kind images from YOUR digital photos or scanned film images. In addition to a beautiful portfolio of hand crafted prints created during the event, you will take the tools and extra supplies home to make more of your own magic!
We will cover Contact Prints such as Cyanotypes and Van Dykes, as well as Transfer Prints and Direct Prints using special coatings and solutions to make prints on many types of alternative or non-standard surfaces such as wood, ceramic tile, metal and many more.
You will learn how to:
- create a digital negative from your digital image,
- scan a print and turn it into a digital negative,
- enhance the digital negative to make a better Cyanotype or Van Dyke print,
- treat your paper / surface with cyanotype and Van Dyke solutions,
- print the negative onto special transparency film,
- adjust images in Photoshop to achieve the best prints,
- select different papers for different effects,
- how to prepare images to be transferred,
- hand-color images after transfer,
- apply coatings to a wide array of surfaces - kraft paper, ceramic tile, metal and cloth to name a few.
Class Hours are:
Friday December 5, 2014 6:30 to 9:30 PM
Saturday December 6, 2014 9:00 AM to Noon
Saturday December 6, 2014 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Sunday December 7, 2014 9:00 AM to Noon
By registering for this event I acknowledge that I have read, understand and will comply with all Terms and Conditions. (Click on the preceding link to read Terms and Conditions in a new window. When done reading them, close the window and complete your registration below.)